August 7, 2008

Mother Of The Year

**WARNING!! THIS IS A GROSS POST**
Ok, Zachary has been not feeling well these past two days. He hasn't had a fever or anything, just always cranky. It didn't take me long to notice that he hadn't pooped in awhile and maybe he was a little constipated. For all of you moms out there, we know when our child is going potty. My little man stops all activity and just sits there and grunts. His face turns bright red and he does his business. Now he did this about 4 times yesterday. And every time I smelt something foul and took him to change his diaper. But every time, his diaper was clean. I felt so bad because you know he was working sooooo hard to get it out. Finally I think all the work of pushing tired him out and he slept for 2 hours!! When he woke up he was screaming, which isn't normal. I go in there and he is beat red and pushing while still screaming. I am trying to figure out what is wrong so I start to change his diaper. (here comes the gross part) When I opened his diaper and looked, the poor guy had a piece the size of a quarter, STUCK!! It wanted to come out but it was stuck right at the opening. So what does any loving mother do? We go in after it. That's right. I grabbed a wipe and did my duty. I helped pull it out. Not to be gross, but this thing was hard as a rock and long!! Once I got it out he stopped crying and gave me a look of "Thanks Mom!" After that I gave him some apple juice and he has had successful poos ever since!!
Another happy customer in the Zamora Household.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

thanks for sharin!

~MeLiSsA~ said...

I had to do the same thing for Taylor when she was under a year, I dont know who is more frightined by it... you the mom or the baby! I was flipping out when it happened to us! :)