June 22, 2008

It's time to get serious, the Hubster is hungry


Ok, so I am pretty sure that I am obsessed with everything that has to do with baking and cooking. Now am I good at baking and cooking? Not quite yet. But, I have been buying every cook book and baking book that I can get my hands on. I will get better once I get my own kitchen. It's kind of hard and frustrating to get good at something when you don't have a kitchen to work in. (stop wondering why I don't have a kitchen, that's another story for another post).
I do have to admit that growing up, I never wanted to hang out in the kitchen and learn how to cook. But now that I am a stay at home wife/mom, all I want to do is bake yummy food. I also love to see Manny's face when he comes home to dinner. So I am slowly teaching myself how to be a master in the kitchen and it has lead to an obsession.
That leads me to the point of this post.....I need a stand mixer. No seriously, I really need one. I feel that if I am going to get serious, I need this serious mixer. It's AAHHMMAAZZIINNGG (that was my singing voice). When I go into a store that sells these, I just stop and drool. Manny knows to let me be so I can have my moment with my mixers. But why-o-why do they have to be so gosh darn expensive? I am not sure how I am going to convince the hubster that I need this. Girls, got any ideas? My birthday is August 4th, do you think I can convince him that this will be a great b-day gift? Ugghh I just want one.

0 comments: