October 28, 2009

Pay Day

Did you know that salary.com says that stay at home mom's are worth on average $122,732??? I need to get paid! The Hubster would be thrilled!

Being a stay at home mom is the best job ever, even if we don't get that crazy paycheck.

However, there are some things I do miss and I am sure you moms can relate.


1. Pooping by myself. With the Door shut. Without Little Boy running in and grunting, thinking he's helping me. He's a doll, isn't he?


2. Taking long showers, alone. Without the worry of Little Boy tearing the house up. Or without him in the shower with me, poking my chest and staring at my stretch marks.


3. Happy Hours. This one is a big bummer. When you are a parent, I think you need happy hour more than anyone! Yet, once you become a parent, the happy hours are far and few between. Ahh, half off cocktails, I miss you.


4. Laundry once a week. Why is it, that when you add ONE MORE person to the equation, the laundry quadruples?? I know I am no math whiz, but that doesn't add up. And now, I am doing laundry 3-4 times a week.


5. Going out to eat. Now don't get me wrong, we still go out to eat sometimes. But when we do, it's like ok, how much time do we have before Little Boy melts down? I need two diaper bags when we go, one for the normal stuff and the other one just to pack stuff to keep him occupied while we eat.
I am sure I have left out a bunch, but those are my top 5.
Of course, I wouldn't trade Little Boy for any of those.
He's way funnier than the bartender at happy hour and he loves to help with the laundry.
He's a keeper.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pooing by myself would be heavenly. Actually, I sometimes just go into the bathroom and lock the door on the weekends when Mike is home so I have a few minutes to myself. hehe. So sad.

Christy {SparklesandSpinach} said...

Hey Suzanne! I hope you had a great Halloween weekend! I gave you an award ;) Stop by my blog to check it out!!

Ashley said...

The best part is that when Jon is home, he can't poop alone and he gets so mad and I'm like, "get over it!! I never do ANYTHING alone, let alone poo!!" haha love that all us moms can relate